Friday, January 6, 2017

Color Dare #225 Meets Mojo Monday #478

Happy New Year!  I'm excited to bring you a new Color My Heart Color Dare challenge today.  We are challenging you to create something using all and only the following Close to My Heart colors: Colonial White, Champagne, Cashmere, Fern and Pomegranate.  Of course, if you don't have these exact Close to My Heart exclusive colors yet you can substitute similar colors so you can still join in on the fun.

My card features stamps from a new set called Dreaming' Big which also comes with coordinating Thin Cut dies.


Here is what happened when I added our new Gold Shimmer Pen to the dragonfly's wings and body:


Which one do you like better?

This Mojo Monday sketch that inspired my card layout:



Close to My Heart products used:
     Champagne CS
     Cashmere CS
     Fern CS
     Colonial White CS
     Pomegranate CS
     Pomegranate Ink
     Dreaming Big Stamps     

Other products:
     Stitched Circle Die and Stitched Rectangular Die by Katscrappiness
     Craft Foam to raise image (used Thin Cut die to cut it)

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:
     Sunny Day Crafting--Anything Goes
     Simon Says Wednesday Challenge--New        Something--Dreamin' Big stamp set is new
     Starz Stamp Challenge--Something New
     Inspiration Destination--Anything Goes
     The Male Room Challenge--Anything Goes

Click on this color graphic to take you to the Color My Heart Color Dare blog to be inspired by what the rest of the fabulous Design Team has to share.

No automatic alt text available.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

10 comments:

Donna said...

What great cards! The distressing around the white circle is a nice touch.

Cat Nowak said...

I really like the color block look and the stitching around the edges.

Lin said...

Sweet design, Marie! I think I like the gold glimmer one a bit more - it gives the illusion that a real dragonfly has! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous and wonderful card Marie thank you for joining us over on
Inspiration Destination
Dianne xx
IDCB DT

Koraliki Beaty said...

Very nice card - thank for joining us at Star Stampz DT Beata

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Hi Marie!!! I'm loving this color combo so much...and adding shimmer is always recommended! ;)

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your clean and simple design! Beautiful take on the Mojo sketch!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous cards. I can't wait to get my thin cuts and stamps :)

Andreja said...

You made such a beautiful male card :-))
Thanks for playing at Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

Rocky said...

Thank you for joining us at TMR with your lovely card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...