Thursday, May 15, 2014

Watercolor Class Day #2 Homework

The Online Card Class Watercolor class is really fun yet I'm a little behind in my "homework".   Lesson #2 was about more background watercolor techniques.  I started this card last week with the Color Dare #93 colors and just finished it today.  I used 4 Close To My Heart ink pads for the watercolors.  First I placed an acrylic block onto the ink pad and then misted with water and used a brush to paint on the colors.


Close To My Heart products used:
    Cranberry Ink
    Twilight Ink
    Honey Ink
    Juniper Ink
    Friendship Alphabet stamps (retired)
    True Teal CS (retired)
    Metallic paper (DOTS retired)
    3D Foam Tape

Other products used:
    Watercolor paper by Faber Castell
    Stazon Teal Ink
    Studio G star punch
    Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold Mist spray by Ranger

As this is a special birthday card for a dear friend I'm also entering it into Seize the Birthday.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

3 comments:

Colleen said...

I like your selection of colors and that you made them at an angle! Someone who is turning 60 is going to be very impressed! I am taking the class also and learning a lot...mostly that I am not so good with pretending I am a watercolor artist! Thank you for linking up to Seize the Birthday!

sarahstone said...

Neat idea to use blocks and a brush for water coloring. I will try that sometime!

Glenda J said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love that background. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...