Friday, July 5, 2013

Color My Heart Color Dare #50--Surf's Up Gold, Surf's Up Teal, Crystal Blue, Sorbet with Ponderosa Pine Option

Welcome back to another Color My Heart Color Dare post!  This week's challenge focuses on the Close To My Heart colors from the Surf's Up Paper Pack  (Surf's Up Gold, Surf's Up Teal, Crystal Blue, Sorbet).  The use of Ponderosa Pine is optional and I chose to use it as a solid background.  When I'm asked to combine a lot of different colors I tend to use card layouts that have lots of smaller pieces.  I found my inspiration for this layout on pinterest and you can view it here.  The greeting was stamped with Sorbet Ink from Perfect Fit Birthday and I actually cut the stamp into two unconnected words so I could arrange it like this on the card  The squares were cut at 1.25" and then two of the opposing corners were rounded.  Here are 3 different versions:


Next I added some 1/4" hole punched circles from Grey and Black Glitter paper:


Last I added some Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel to all but 3 of the pieces to accent the patterns in the paper.


Here's a tip that might make it easier for you to participate in this challenge.  Sarah Stone suggested this tip a while ago--use the B & T sampler pack that consultants often purchase to show customers.  If you are not a consultant or don't have any of these colors you may substitute similar colors but try to limit your color palette to just the 4 or 5 colors listed with neutrals.  Lagoon and Honey would be good substitutions for Surf's Up Gold and Surf's Up Teal that come in the Surf's Up Paper Pack.

We hope you can play along with us this week!  You can link up your papercrafted creation (does not have to be a card) here.  Please use a direct link when you enter the challenge and be sure to provide a link back to Color My Heart Color Dare so your readers will be able to find us.  

Check out what the rest of the Design Team has to inspire you:

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie



4 comments:

sarahstone said...

This layout with the sample papers really looks great because of all the different patterns. To be honest, I like the first one best, because it leaves space between the busy patterns and it leaves less for the eye to be distracted by. (But I do love shimmer!) I also like the opposite rounded corners.

Sarah

Becca-expressions said...

As much as I love shimmer, I have to agree with Sarah that I like the first card best. I was just looking through my Art Philosophy cartridge and noticed that this shape is on p. 28. How about that?? Doh!

canadian_liner said...

I LOVE that organic shape--it is infiltrating the web all over the place... I was going to use a patchwork approach for this card, but your version is far superior (and you posted it first!). I like the added glitz, emphasizes the lovely swirls in the patterned paper. A very happy card, indeed.

Sheila Bennett said...

Very nice card. Love the odd shapes and how you arranged them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...