Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Color Dare #52 Ruby, Twilight and Olive with a Mojo Monday Sketch #303

Have you heard that there is a Design Team call for Color My Heart Color Dare?  This is a challenge blog that features the use of Close To My Heart colors.  Applications are due July 26--go here to check it out.




Although this is my week off from Color Dare Design Team responsibilities I just had to join in using these jewel toned colors: Ruby, Twilight and Olive.  I used the new CTMH Artbooking cricut cartridge which will be available on August 1 here to cut the holly leaves and ornament overlay. The White Daisy background panel was run through the Cuttlebug Machine with a holiday themed embossing folder.  The vertical stripe on the Twilight panel is Silver Shimmer Trim which was colored with a Ruby Alcohol Marker. The ornaments were glitzed up with Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel.

My inspiration for this card came from Mojo Monday #303--although I did change the orientation of the elements! Here is the sketch I loosely followed:


The Artbooking cartridge is so versatile!  Starting on Mondays in August several Close To My Heart consultants will be showcasing different ways to use this new cartridge so you'll have to come back then to check it out. Why not become a follower of my blog so you won't miss out on any fabulous Artbooking ideas?

Now it's your turn to see what you can create with these fun colors.  If you don't have these CTMH colors use something similar. Link up your papercrafted creation (does not have to be a card) by Thursday, July 25 at 9PM CST here.  We look forward to seeing your artwork in our gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

2 comments:

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Christmas in July! I am soooo not there yet, lol. Fab job with the colors though as a Christmas card! You KNOW that sketch called for shimmer trim right there! ;)

sarahstone said...

I like that you made a Christmas card, Marie. I really like that embossing folder and that it shows through the pieces of your card! Thanks for sharing with us!

Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...