Thursday, May 23, 2013

Graduation Cards Using Atlantic Hearts Sketch #4

I love the simplicity of the latest Atlantic Hearts Sketch #4 and I used it to make some graduation cards that I will actually be sending.  Following the sketch I used various Cuttlebug folders, cardstocks, trims and Glitter Gels.  The graduation cap stamp is from an old wooden Close To My Heart set called "Congratulations Graduate".  The cap was stamped in black ink and then cut out and placed on 3D Foam Tape to lift it off the card a bit. I'm not sue which is my favorite one yet.  Perhaps you can leave a comment and let me know what your favorite one is.







***Here is a tip for leaving a flat area on a dry embossed panel.  First stamp the image, then place the paper partway into the embossing folder and place the folder horizontally on the embossing plates and crank through the machine.  Then do the other side in the same manner*** 

Embossing folders used:  Baby's Breath, Musical Flourish, Argyle, Swiss Dots--all Cuttlebug folders.

Papers used:  Close To My Heart--Topiary CS, Pacifica CS, Cranberry CS, Outdoor Denim Fleur Des Jardines BT paper (retired), Black CS, Metallic Papers (Retired)

Trims used:  Metallic paper stripe, Shimmer Trim, Slate Polka Dot Washi Tape, gold curling ribbon

Glitter Gels used:  Green Glitz Glitter Gel, Silver Glitz Glitter Gel, Red Glitz Glitter Gel, Stardust Glitz Glitter Gel  

Please stop by my blog tomorrow (5/24/13) to see the new Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge and details about my upcoming Memorial Weekend Blog Candy Giveaway.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie


4 comments:

Michelle Stewart said...

They all look fabulous, I can't choose a favorite. Thank you for playing along with Atlantic Hearts.

Unknown said...

These are great. Like Michelle, I would find it hard to choose a fav, but I think the one you choose to show case for the challenge would be it!! Good job, and thanks for playing!!

Vee said...

Such a sweet card and I like your take on each one. TFS.

Darla said...

They are all fantastic. I think the first one and the 2nd last one are my favourites. :)
Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Atlantic Hearts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...