Thursday, April 11, 2013

Color Dare #38--Buttercup, Pear and Twilight

Color My Heart Color Dare has a new challenge with new Close To My Heart colors:  Buttercup, Pear and Twilight.  I probably would not have thought of putting these colors together originally but thanks to Sarah's vision that is the challenge.  I do like how these colors work together in my card.  A card on Pinterest was my inspiration for this card.  The papers I used are Twilight from Florentine, Pear from Chantilly, Buttercup from Buttercup Fleurs des Jardines, with White Daisy and Slate as neutrals.  The flower centers were embellished with small pieces of Colonial White Rosette Ribbon and Clear Sparkles.  The greeting is from Casual Expressions and was stamped in Twilight ink.


Are you up for this week's challenge!  You have until Thursday, April 18 at 9PM CST to post your papercrafted item.  If you don't have these exact Close to My Heart colors, feel free to substitute something close to these colors.  We look forward to viewing your artwork in our gallery.  Please visit the other Color Dare Design Team blogs for more inspiration.  You won't be disappointed!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful week filled with fun and creativity!
:) Marie

4 comments:

canadian_liner said...

This is SO pretty. I LOVE that shape, whatever its called, with the opposite rounded corners. Adding the rosette centres is a lovely touch. Pinning this one, Marie!

sarahstone said...

Great card, Marie. I like yours better than the original because of those rosettes in the centers! I like the papers you chose, too.

Sheila Bennett said...

Love that first card. Such a unique use of shapes, it is very pleasing to the eye.

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

I really have got to use that shape sometime soon! I keep saying that and forgetting! ;) I just love the softer side of this color combination. It is so soothing to the eye. Great idea to add the sparkles to the rosettes! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...